While we’re prepared to do our jobs, being the target of a media interview isn’t usually part of the daily routine. This workshop offers tips and techniques to help you get your message across in any interview situation.
The class begins with a mock interview, which we record on DVD. This establishes your baseline performance and illustrates the importance of appearance, body language, and messaging on camera. We review:
- the reporter’s job and agenda
- the different types of media outlets
- the do’s and don’ts of delivering and crafting your message
- the question and answer period
We also prepare you for the ‘crisis interview,’ focusing on the skills that will help you display grace under fire.
With the proper techniques, reporters can be opportunities, not obstacles, for your message and your career.
In this workshop, you will learn:
- How to craft your message so the facts are conveyed
- Techniques for getting your message across even if the interviewer is hard-hitting
- Body language tips to support the message you are trying to convey
- Tools for navigating a question and answer session